With butter, garlic, and cheese as the main ingredients, you know these potatoes will be delicious!
- 4 russet potatoes (medium)
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, make slices in each potato 1/8” apart, stopping 1/4-1/2” below the bottom. Be careful not to cut through the potato.
- Arrange the potatoes cut side up on the baking sheet, gently pulling the edges of each to widen the tops. Season the potatoes liberally with salt and black pepper.
- Finely mince the garlic cloves and place in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter and Italian seasoning to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon about a Tablespoon of the garlic and herb butter over each potato, letting it seep down into the crevices. Loosely tent the potatoes with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 40-45 minutes, until they are able to be pierced with a fork, but are not completely tender. Remove the sheet of aluminum foil from the potatoes and discard. Sprinkle a scant Tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese over each potato.
- Continue baking the potatoes for 10-15 minutes longer, until they are fork tender and browned and crisp on top.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for 2-3 minutes, and serve.