With butter, garlic, and cheese as the main ingredients, you know these potatoes will be delicious!
- 4 russet potatoes (medium)
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Soften potatoes prior to cutting by microwaving them for 1-2 minutes in the microwave. With a sharp knife, make slices in each potato 1/8 inch apart, stopping 1/4-1/2 inch below the bottom. Be careful not to cut through the potato.
- Pro tip: Slice without cutting all the way through by placing potato on a wooden spoon or by placing disposable chopsticks on either side of the potato.
- Arrange the potatoes cut side up on the baking sheet, gently pulling the edges of each to widen the tops. Season the potatoes liberally with salt and black pepper.
- Finely mince the garlic cloves and place in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter and Italian seasoning to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the garlic and herb butter over each potato, letting it seep down into the crevices. Loosely tent the potatoes with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 40-45 minutes on the middle rack of oven, until they are able to be pierced with a fork, but are not completely tender. Remove the sheet of aluminum foil from the potatoes and discard. Sprinkle a scant tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese over each potato. Remove fork. Sprinkle each potato
- Continue baking the potatoes for 10-15 minutes longer, until they are fork tender and browned and crisp on top.
- Check to see that potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for 2-3 minutes, and serve.
|Calories310Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.