Chef Fiona couldn’t resist grilling up some tender, juicy steak for the Chicago stop of the DMB Summer Tour. The crew savored the Garlic Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with Fresh Herb and Olive Tapenade before taking the stage later that night. Try pairing the dish at home with the Dreaming Tree Cabernet. “My favorite two sides with Fiona’s flank steak are the flank steak and the flank steak. I always eat her asparagus too. She is magical.” ~Dave Matthews
- 1 whole flank steak (about 3lbs)
- 6 cloves garlic (mince)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper (fresh)
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives (black, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh herbs (loosely packed, mix of, basil, oregano, parsley, cilantro, rough chop)
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 white onion (large, small dice)
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- To make the marinade, whisk together ingredients in bowl, transfer to appropriately sized, non-reactive container. Add steak and refrigerate for 1-4 hours, turning meat once.
- While meat marinates, make the tapenade. Mix all ingredients. Let flavors blend for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare and heat grill (of your choice).
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories290Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes