These garlicky Parmesan potatoes are roasted in a hot oven until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and make a great side for a holiday table. Utilize whatever herbs and spices are in the pantry. Make extra as they reheat nicely, popping them into salads, hash, tacos, or omelets throughout the week.
- 3 pounds red potatoes (halved, or quartered if large)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- Preheat oven to oven 400F. Line large baking sheet with foil and lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, basil, and cheese until evenly coated. Turn the mixture onto baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning with spatula two or three times, until golden brown and crisp. Pull tray out and sprinkle the butter over potatoes and stir to melt. Return for 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.