This recipe was developed by Chef Bruce Aidells, author of The Complete Meat Cookbook. A good basic roast that can be served with mashed potatoes and steamed brocolli or dressed up with Horseradish-Mustard New Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Pros…
iutto and Parmesan.
- 2 pounds pork loin (center roast, boneless)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (minced, OR 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves (fresh, minced, OR 1 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Pat pork dry with paper towels, place in shallow roasting pan. In small bowl, stir together garlic, salt, sage, rosemary, pepper and olive oil to make a paste. Rub garlic paste over all surfaces of pork loin; place in oven, roast for 15 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 300 degrees F., roast for 15-20 minutes, take internal temperature using an instant-read thermometer. When internal temperature of roast is 145 degrees F., remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.