Garlic Gruyere PotatoesKitchenAid
- 5 tablespoons butter (cut into chunks)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds potatoes (hot cooked)
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (thinly, or chives)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1Attach KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl and beater to stand mixer. Set heat to 215 °F. Once preheated, add butter, cream cheese, milk and garlic. Allow mixture to melt for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Turn to Stir speed and blend until smooth and completely melted. Reduce bowl heat to 165°F.
- 3Add hot potatoes. Turn to Speed 2 and mix for 1 to 2 minutes, or until potatoes are mashed. Exchange beater for wire whip. Turn to Speed 6 and whip potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, or until very light and fluffy. Reduce to Stir speed, add cheese and green onions, blend well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Potatoes may be served immediately or kept warm in bowl.