Galician StewEL INVITADO DE INVIERNO
Hearty and filling, this recipe for Galician Stew will warm you up and fill you up on a cold wintry day. Made in a beef marrow bone broth, this hearty stew features broccoli rabe, pancetta, chorizo, potatoes, and white beans stewed until the individual flavors combine in a harmonization of flavors. Be sure to soak the white beans overnight to allow them to soften before adding to the stew. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
- 100 grams white beans (dried)
- 1 head broccoli rabe (or green cabbage, cleaned and chunked)
- 1 piece pancetta (optional)
- 2 marrow bones (beef, optional)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 2 chorizo sausage (smoked, sliced, optional)
- fresh pork fat (reserved, or vegetable shortening)
- The night before, cover the beans with cold water and let sit overnight to soften. Drain the next day.
- Wash the broccoli rabe very well under hot water and rub the leaves together until running, cold water to release some of their bitterness.
- Heat up a pot with water. Once boiling, add the broccoli rabe. When it comes to the boil again, remove the broccoli rabe and immediately immerse them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes