Take a taste bud trip down to the French Quarters of New Orleans. Puff pastry is a pre-made dough that quickly doubles in size, is light and fluffy, and has a very basic dough taste that can be effortlessly transformed into something amazing. Almond powder gives the dough a denser consistency along with adding a sweet nutty component. Marzipan is a very distinct dessert. It has a clay-like texture and has a sour, bitter taste. Its tartness and gooey feel easily spreads along the dough while providing a sharp bite to the King Cake.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 100 grams butter
- 125 grams sugar
- 125 grams ground almonds
- 2 eggs (+ 1 yolk for brushing)
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
- The butter should be softened.
- Put the butter (cut into pieces) in the bowl of your food processor.
- Add sugar.
- Then add the ground almonds and 2 beaten eggs.
- Mix thoroughly until it is well blended.
- Roll out the first sheet of dough on the baking sheet.
- Spread the frangipane on the surface up to 2 cm from the edge.
- Cover with the second paste and stick it with your fingers around the wafer.
- Mark the edges with a fork.
- Make your decorations with a knife and prick in several places.
- Brush the surface of the galette with the beaten egg yolk, diluted in a little water.
- Place the cake at the bottom of your oven.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.