This Ginger Beef, Mushroom & Kale Stir-Fry is a total crowd-pleaser of a dish, and can be ready to go in less than 30 minutes!
- marinade (INGREDIENTS:)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (if making gluten-free, be sure to use GF soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken/beef broth, or water)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly-)
- 1 pound flank steak (thinly sliced, or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms (baby, halved)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (halved)
- 3 cups kale (chopped)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- TO MAKE THE MARINADE: Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade into a large bowl or ziplock bag, then add in the steak and gently toss to combine. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- TO MAKE THE STIR-FRY: Once steak has marinated, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade, and add to saute pan with garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, kale, and reserved marinade to saute pan, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the kale is wilted, the sauce has thickened, and the mushrooms have cooked, stirring regularly so that sauce does not burn. Add in the steak, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately over rice or quinoa, garnished with chopped green onions.
|Calories310Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.