You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Fusilloni with Rabbit and Padrón Peppers combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 1 onions (small)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 rabbit legs
- 150 milliliters white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 160 grams fusilloni pasta
- Padrón peppers (Some)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- Tip: For best results, prepare rabbit one day before serving.
- For the rabbit, dice onion and sauté in a large, heavy pan (this pan should be big enough to fit rabbit pieces).
- When onion is almost translucent, add whole garlic cloves, herbs and rabbit pieces.
- Sauté rabbit pieces until golden.
- Lower heat and add wine and ½ cup water to pan.
- Cover and let simmer for about 45-50 minutes.
- Some sauce should remain in pan.
- Debone rabbit pieces, remove garlic and herbs and set aside.
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water according to the package directions, deducting 1-2 minutes from recommended cooking time.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté peppers.
- Drain pasta and add it to the pan with rabbit.
- Add the peppers.
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.