If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Fusilli with Grilled Vegetables. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 500 grams fusilli
- 1 zucchini (small)
- 1 eggplant (small)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- coconut milk (20 cl.)
- coconut milk
- Espelette pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 mozzarella cheese (ball)
- olive oil
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil, add fusilli and cook to al dente according to package instructions.
- Wash and roughly cut the zucchini, eggplant, red pepper and yellow pepper. Roast under the broiler for a few minutes. Watch closely so they don't burn.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk, add a few spoons of espelette pepper, and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables and mix gently.
- Cut the mozzarella into small cubes.
- Drain the pasta, put it back in the pan, add olive oil and mix.
- On each plate, add the fusilli and top with grilled vegetables with coconut milk.
- Garnish with a few cubes of mozzarella and sprinkle with espelette pepper.