- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cut in half)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (divided)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (divided)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a 9 x 9-inch square pan with parchment paper across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Spray well with non-stick spray.
- Attach KitchenAid® Heated Chef Bowl and beater to stand mixer. Set heat to 150 °F. When preheated, add butter to bowl and melt for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chopped chocolate and melt for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. While butter and chocolate melt, combine flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Turn to Stir speed and blend butter and chocolate until smooth and completely melted. Turn off the heated bowl. Increase to speed 2, add sugar and mix 1 minute or until well blended. Continuing on speed 2, add eggs, one at a time, blending about 15 seconds after each. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and blend well, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce to Stir, add flour mixture and ¾ cup walnuts, blending just until ingredients are mixed, about 15 to 20 seconds. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Prepare glaze while brownies are baking. Attach clean heated bowl and beater to mixer. Set heat to 150 °F. When preheated, add butter and half and half. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add chocolate chips, melt an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Turn on Stir Speed and blend until smooth. Blend in remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Reduce heat to 100 °F and keep warm for drizzling, stirring occasionally. Cool baked brownies in pan. When cool, drizzle with prepared glaze and sprinkle with remaining walnuts. If desired, place brownies in refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up glaze. Lift parchment with brownie out of pan and cut into 2-inch squares.