Chewy, chocolatey goodness - this is the very best fudge brownie you'll ever eat.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60-70%, finely chopped)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (24 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray an 8-inch square aluminum pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate into a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs to the chocolate mixture. Whisk vigorously until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to the chocolate mixture. Stir vigorously with a rubber spatula until a thick batter forms and no lumps remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Transfer the baking pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the brownies for 28-32 minutes, until puffed at the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven. Allow the brownies to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, then transfer the pan to the refrigerator. Refrigerate the brownies for two hours before slicing.
- Slice the brownies into squares, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.