Adding plain yogurt to bread doughs helps ensure that the loaf is tender when baked, as in this recipe, which uses agave syrup as the sweetener. This bread is also run through with dried fruit, shredded coconut, and almonds, plus flax seeds, poppy seeds, and pumpkin seeds, meaning it's as tasty as it is toothsome, and also nutritious thands to all of the above plus oat flakes and whole grain flour.
- 100 milliliters milk
- 150 milliliters plain greek yogurt
- 100 milliliters agave syrup (or honey)
- 75 grams dried apricots
- 50 grams grated coconut
- 75 grams almonds
- 50 grams oat flakes
- 150 grams wholemeal flour
- 180 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- oat flakes
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the milk, yogurt and agave in a bowl.
- Coarsely chop the apricots and almonds. Mix together with all the other dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture. If the dough is too stiff, add a little more milk.
- Grease a bread pan and line with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough on a work surface. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and oatmeal. Place in the prepared pan and bake until toothpick insert comes out clean. Let cool slightly before removing from the pan.