This tangy entrée salad pairs choice fruits—pineapple, raspberries, mango--- with sophisticated wild rice and fresh spinach. Three cups of cooked pork loin is a little over a pound of pork roast—leftovers from a roast would be perfect in this hearty “day two” device.
- 3 cups cooked pork roast (cut in julienne strips)
- 3 cups wild rice (precooked then chilled)
- 1 cup walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (cubed and chilled)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 10 ounces spinach leaves (cleaned and torn)
- 1 cup raspberries (cleaned)
- 1 mango (peeled and diced)
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In small bowl stir together vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt. In large bowl toss together pork, rice, walnuts, onion, pineapple and mushrooms; add vinegar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Arrange spinach on large serving platter; top with pork mixture. Arrange raspberries and mango on top.