Spicy barbecue sauce makes a match with fruit and pork chops for a quick skillet supper. Accompany with rice or couscous, and a green salad.
- 6 New York pork chops (top loin, 3/4- inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces peach slices (drained)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (Or raspberry preserves)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops about 2-3 minutes on each side; remove from pan and reserve. Add all remaining ingredients to skillet, stir to blend, bring a boil. Return chops to skillet, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.