- 1 teaspoon lime zest (finely grated)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup light rum (optional)
- 2 cups pineapple (roughly chopped fresh ripe)
- 3 pitted dates (fresh, plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (plus more to taste)
- 3/4 cup mint leaves (firmly packed, plus more to serve)
- 4 cups ice cubes (to serve)
- 2 cups sparkling water (to serve)
- Throw the lime zest, lime juice, rum (if using), pineapple, dates, and ginger into your KitchenAid® Power Plus® blender container, secure the lid, and blast on high for about 30 seconds until the dates are completely pulverized. Add dates and ginger to taste, and pulverize again, if adding extra.
- Add the mint leaves, secure the lid, and pulse for 5 to 10 seconds on variable speed 4 until the mint is rustically broken up into small pieces but not completely pulverized.
- Fill four glasses with 1 cup of ice cubes each, and pour equal parts of the blended mixture into each of the glasses. Top with sparkling water, and garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy immediately.