Here's a fruit salad like no other, thanks to a neat trick: The apple slices that serve as the base are sprinkled with brown sugar and then caremlized with a kitchen blowtorch (or you can run the apple under a hot broiler, watching carefully, as it can go from nicley browned to burnt in a flash). The apple is then topped with crushed blackberries and blueberries and a drizzle of honey. It's worth the extra effort, especially when serving to guests.
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 blackberries
- 8 blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Thinly slice the apple horizontally. Pour a few drops of lime on the apple to prevent it from browning.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top of the apple.
- Use a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar.
- Use a fork to crush the blackberries and blueberries.
- Place the crushed berries on top of the apple.
- Sprinkle with honey.