- 5 pounds corned beef (with pickling packet)
- 2 bottles beer (your favorite brand)
- 1 lemon (large)
- 1 Orange (large)
- 1 onion (Large, quartered)
- water (to Cover)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place the meat into a large soup pot, add the beer and enough water to cover the meat.
- Add the onion and pickling packet to the pot , cut the fruit and squeeze the juice into the water then place the fruit halves into the water also.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 4 hours, when done take the lid off and let the meat cool off in the cooking liquid, about 1 hour.
- Take the meat out of the cooking liquid and place into a baking dish, top the meat with the brown sugar.
- In a bowl mix the remaining ingredients and pour around the meat.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour basting every 10-15 minutes.