Fruit Cookie PizzaYummly
With a giant sugar cookie "crust," a layer of whipped cream cheese frosting, and colorful fresh fruit for toppings, this Fruit Cookie Pizza is a fun and irresistible dessert.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ounce unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fruit (assorted, for decorating)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 3Place the softened butter and granulated sugar into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, or until pale and fluffy.
- 4Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and continue to beat on medium speed for 30 seconds to one minute, until light and fluffy.
- 5Turn the mixer to low, and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined and a smooth dough forms.
- 6With a rubber spatula, scrape all of the dough into the center of the baking sheet.
- 7Dust hands with flour, and gently pat the dough into a circle approximately ½” thick and 8” in diameter.
- 8Transfer the baking sheet into the preheated oven.
- 9Bake the cookie for 19-21 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the center is puffy and matte.
- 10Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Allow the cookie crust to cool completely before frosting and decorating.
- 11While the cookie cools, make the frosting. Using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- 12With the mixer on the lowest speed, add the powdered sugar and a small pinch of salt. Mix until combined and no lumps remain.
- 13 Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream to the bowl.
- 14Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and beat for 1-2 minutes, until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- 15 Transfer the frosting to the refrigerator.
- 16Shortly before ready to serve, slice the assorted fruit into bite sized pieces.
- 17Remove the frosting from the refrigerator.
- 18Spread the cream cheese frosting over the center of the cookie, leaving a ½” border.
- 19Arrange the sliced fruit over the frosting.
- 20Place the apricot jam and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir with a fork to combine.
- 21Microwave the jam on high for 30-40 seconds, until the jam has thinned to a syrupy consistency.
- 22Using a pastry brush, carefully brush a thin layer of the apricot jam glaze over the fruit.
- 23 Slice and serve the fruit cookie pizza immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories910Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.