- pineapple syrup (from can)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 eggs
- 300 grams sugar
- 1 Orange (juice and zest)
- 75 grams butter (melted)
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 slices pineapple (canned)
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 50 grams raisins
- 50 grams walnuts
- 50 grams candied fruit
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Grease a cake pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a saucepan, add the pineapple syrup and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir continuously while boiling to a jam. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with 300 grams of sugar to a creamy, white mixture.
- Mix in the orange zest and juice.
- Add the melted butter and stir.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Alternately, with a spoon or a whisk, add 1/2 of the eggs yolks to the egg whites and half of the flour with the baking powder. Repeat, stirring constantly.
- Arrange the pineapple slices in the bottom of the tray. Arrange the pine nuts, raisins, walnuts, and candied fruit in the spaces between the pineapple slices.
- Carefully pour the batter on top and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fully cooked. Do not bake too long, in order to avoid the cake becoming too dry.
- Remove the cake from the pan by turning over on serving platter while still hot, and brush with the pineapple jam.