Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- One day ahead: Lightly oil an 8-cup decorative mold or bowl with vegetable oil; place in freezer. In a small saucepan, mix granulated sugar and the water. Bring to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves; boil without stirring until syrup " spins a thread" when dropped from a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place egg yokls in small bowl of electric mixer; beat until light and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar syrup in a thin stream, beating constantly. Keep beating until egg yolk mixture is cool, about 5 minutes. Set bowl in larger bowl of ice water for 10 minutes to chill completely, stirring constantly.
- In colander, under cold running water, wash 2 pints strawberries; drain; hull. Puree strawberries in blender or food processor to make 2 cups. In chilled medium-sized bowl of electric mixer, beat heavy cream and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until stiff. Add strawberry puree to egg yolk mixture; mix until blended.
- Pour strawberry mixture into whipped cream. With wire whisk or rubber spatula, mix jnlio,D5stcha,iybre rack to dry. To serve: invert mold over chilled serving platter; shake gently to release. If necessary, place a hot, damp cloth over mold and shake to release.
- Garnish with fondant-dipped strawberries and mint leaves.
|Calories1020Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.