- 3/4 pound cherries (pitted and chopped)
- 1 vanilla bean (split lengthways and seeds scraped out)
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream (whipped to soft peaks)
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 1/4 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp water to make a slurry)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Place the chopped cherries in a food processor and purée until smooth. Beat the vanilla bean seeds, cream cheese, egg yolks, lemon juice and 2/3 cup sugar until smooth then fold in the whipped cream. Fold in the cherry purée then divide 3/4 of the mixture between the muffin liners. Pour the remaining cheese mixture into a small shallow bowl then place the mixture and the muffin pan in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the cherry sauce. Place the cherry juice in a pan with the remaining sugar and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry and simmer for 3-4 mins until thickened. Remove from the heat to cool.
- To finish, remove the small bowl of the cheese mixture from the freezer and roughly chop into small pieces. Pile the pieces on top of the frozen cheesecake muffins and return to the freezer for 2-3 hours until firm. To serve, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 15-20 mins to soften. Drizzle with a little of the cherry sauce and serve the rest on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.