Here's a sophisticated take on the classic icebox cake, the original of which was made by layering those "famous" thin chocolate wafers with sweetened whipped cream and then refrigerating until the cookies are softened and the filling is solid enoug…
to slice. Cinnamon cookies are used here, and the ultra-rich filling is made with cottage cheese and cream cheese, for extra body, and infused with cinnamon. Topping it all off are mint chocolate candies. Invite your friends for this one.
- 500 milliliters milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200 grams cottage cheese
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 250 grams PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- cinnamon biscuits
- ground cinnamon
- mint chocolate thins
- Combine the milk and the cinnamon stick in a stovetop pot and heat. Use a little bit of the milk to loosen the cottage cheese.
- Once the milk is hot, add the cottage cheese, sugar, and Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Stir well until everything is mixed, remove from heat, and let sit until thickened. Remove the cinnamon stick. Pour a little of the mixture into a rectangular serving dish and top with a layer of cinnamon biscuits. Repeat process until both and the cream and biscuits are used up. The top layer should be cream.
- Let cool, sprinkle with ground cinnamon, and arrange the chocolate thins on top.
- Refrigerate for least 3 hours before serving.