Frosted Coffee Cake MuffinsMadeleine Cocina
Yum! Frosted Coffee Cake Muffins! This recipe is perfect for Sunday morning breakfasts in bed. Not only is this Frosted Coffee Cake Muffins recipe full of nutrients that are great for your body, but it they taste delicious. Try out this Frosted Coffee Cake Muffins at home and let us know your thoughts. You can comment below with your likes or dislikes and rate the recipe by star. Happy baking!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- 2Dissolve the coffee in the milk and add the vanilla.
- 3Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 4Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks and beat to incorporate.
- 5Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture. Mix well and then stir in the walnuts.
- 6Beat the egg whites until peaks are formed. Stir a third of the whites into the batter. Gently fold the rest of the whites into the batter, mixing carefully.
- 7Pour the batter into muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from tin. Cool completely.
- 9Make the frosting by mixing the sugar and water together. Add the cocoa powder and mix. Add the oil and mix well.
- 10Spread the muffins with the frosting. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.