Frittata with Black BeansLolibox
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you skip breakfast normally, then you will want to try this decadent Frittata with Black Beans recipe. The delicious flavors of Gruyere cheese, onions, shallots and black beans pair perfectly with the spices. All these rich ingredients are packed into a flaky and flavorful egg frittata. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this decadent dish as much as we do.
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons green habanero hot sauce
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 onions
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black beans
- broth (12 cl.)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- gruyere cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F
- 2Butter a pie pan or line with parchment paper.
- 3In a bowl, mix the eggs and hot sauce and whisk until the mixture is homogeneous.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Pour into the pan and bake until the omelet is set.
- 6Slice the onions and shallots.
- 7Heat oil in the wok and add the onions and shallots with a bit of hot sauce, sparingly though as it is spicy.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Add the beans and the broth.
- 10Bring to a boil and let reduce.
- 11Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning.
- 12Remove the omelet from the oven.
- 13Distribute the bean mixture on top.
- 14Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and grated cheese.
- 15Bake for 10 minutes.