Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Place pork on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes. Attach KitchenAid® Metal Food Grinder Attachment with coarse grinding plate to KitchenAid®Stand Mixer. Position mixer bowl under attachment. Turn mixer to speed 4 and grind pork. Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup panko, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Turn to Stir speed and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Cover and chill 45 minutes.
- For each meatball, scoop 2 tablespoons pork mixture and roll into a ball with damp hands. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Heat 1/2 Tbs olive oil and 1/2 Tbs butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry meatballs until cooked through and crispy crust forms on each side, about 10 minutes, adding remaining 1/2 Tbs olive oil and 1/2 Tbs butter as needed. Keep warm.
- Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in the same pan used for meatballs. Add 1/2 small diced onion and cook until softened, about five minutes. Add 4 Tbs flour and whisk 1 to 2 minutes on medium low heat. Whisk in 1 Tbs tomato paste, 3/4 cup red wine, 2 cups beef stock and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a low simmer and cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in 1 Tbs heavy cream and 2 tsp red currant jelly. Heat through and serve immediately with Frikadeller and boiled potatoes.
|Calories540Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.