Fried cod from my Mother's recipeHoje para Jantar
- cod (flaps)
- lemon juice
- black pepper (q.s.)
- oil (for frying)
- 2 eggs
- pepper (q.s.)
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1Place cod in a bowl and cover it with milk. Season with lemon juice and black pepper.
- 2Marinate for 1 hour.
- 3For the batter, place eggs in a bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- 4Add flour and chopped parsley. Stir well. If mixture is too thick, add a bit of milk.
- 5Tip: Batter should stick to cod pieces when dipped, so it should be neither too thick nor too runny. Season batter with salt and pepper.
- 6Fill fryer with oil and preheat oil. Drain cod and pat dry with paper towel. Dip cod pieces in batter on both sides.
- 7Fry in hot oil. Drain cooked pieces on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with tomato rice and salad, if desired