- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 pound calamari (mix of tentacles and bodies cut into rings)
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumb
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 2 ounces anchovy fillets (in oil, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1/2 ciabatta bread (small, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, toasted)
- 1 cup Bertolli® Vineyard Premium Collections Marinara with Burgundy Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- Heat vegetable oil in 3-quart heavy bottom saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs, flour, cayenne pepper, parsley, salt and lemon peel in medium bowl; set aside.
- Process garlic, rosemary, anchovys, lemon juice and olive oil in blender or food processor until smooth; set aside.
- Heat Sauce with cream in 2-quart saucepot over low heat.
- Dip calamari in buttermilk, then bread crumb mixture. Fry calamari, in batches in hot oil, 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Evenly spread anchovy mixture on toast. Top with fried calamari, then drizzle with sauce mixture. Serve with remaining sauce mixture.
|Calories1700Calories from Fat1530|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1530|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.