- 1 pound shellfish
- 12 ounces flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- flour (to dust)
- oil (to fry and for the dough)
- 5 ounces mushrooms (soaked chinese)
- 7 ounces bamboo shoots
- 4 ounces scallions
- 4 garlic (clvs)
- oil (for frying)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons rice wine (or white wine)
- 1 msg
- chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (stirred in 180 ml water)
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- Mix together flour, egg, baking powder, cornstarch and 1 cup water. Let stand 10 minutes. Add 10 tblsp oil and let stand another 20 minutes.
- Cut fish to pieces and dust with cornstarch. Then dip fish into dough and fry in hot oil. Turn fish very cautiously when the color starts to change. Remove fish pieces when slightly brown. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Now fry again in hot oil until the pieces are golden brown.
- Cut mushrooms and bamboo shoot in equally thick slices. Cut scallion in 1 inch long slices. Peel and chop garlic finely.
- Heat pan, put a little oil in it and stir-fry vegetables. Take out of the pan. Heat 6 tablespoons oil in the pan and fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add soy sauce, sugar, pepper, salt rice wine, MSG and chicken broth. Add cornstarch water mixture. Add vegetables and fish and boil shortly. Season to taste with sesame oil.
|Calories770Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.