Fried Rice with Bacon, Peas, and EggsHoje para Jantar
Here's what to do with leftover rice (or why you should make rice to have for leftovers in the first place). Fried rice also makes excellent use of any vegetables you may have lying around, including peas, which are used in this recipe along with bacon, for smoky flavor. What's always advised is to add beaten eggs as a binder, and soy sauce for extra flavor. The eggs set up a little during cooking, too, for the characteristic taste and texture.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- 1 onions (small)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 eggs (organic)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- 1Heat the oil in the wok.
- 2Add the chopped bacon and diced onion, saute.
- 3Add the cold rice and stir well to break the grains apart.
- 4Add the peas and when everything is well heated, add the beaten eggs and a little soy sauce.
- 5Cook until the eggs are done, stirring occasionally.