Let this recipe be reason number 269 for finally giving into your instincts and buying an Actifry. Not only will it make cooking weeknight meals for the whole family that much more of a reality, this useful device will open up your world to a whole new realm of cooking possibilities. Take this recipe, for instance, where ordinary pork steaks take on extraordinary flavors when "Actifried" with garlic, mushrooms, white wine, and mustard.
- 1 onion (large)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 12 pork steaks (cut into thin strips)
- 5 sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt (to taste)
- mozzarella cheese
- Place the thinly sliced onions and garlic cloves in the Actifry.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of olive oil and set for 4 minutes.
- At the end of that time, combine the steak strips with the thoroughly rinsed mushrooms.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with another tablespoon of olive oil. Set to 15 minutes.
- When it beeps, add the white wine and mustard (mixed together). Set for 4 minutes.
- After that time, if the steaks are golden, open the machine and cover the meat with the mozzarella cheese. Mix it for 1 or 2 minutes and it is ready to serve.