Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Fried Octopus is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 1 large octopus
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 ounces white wine
- extra-virgin olive oil
- chile pepper (optional)
- Freeze octopus to tenderize, and then cook in plenty of boiling water for one hour.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Slice onions and sauté in a large pot.
- When onion is almost translucent, add red pepper cut into chunks and whole garlic cloves.
- Sauté vegetables, stirring occasionally.
- Add quartered tomatoes and sauté briefly.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and sauté potatoes.
- Add chopped octopus to pot with onion mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with white wine.
- Let wine reduce.
- Add fried potatoes to mixture.
- Stir well and simmer.
- If more spice is desired, add chile pepper along with potatoes.