Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Fried Octopus is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 1 large octopus
- 2 onions
- 2 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 ounces white wine
- extra-virgin olive oil
- chile pepper (optional)
- 1Freeze octopus to tenderize, and then cook in plenty of boiling water for one hour.
- 2Drain well and set aside.
- 3Slice onions and sauté in a large pot.
- 4When onion is almost translucent, add red pepper cut into chunks and whole garlic cloves.
- 5Sauté vegetables, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add quartered tomatoes and sauté briefly.
- 7In a separate pan, heat oil and sauté potatoes.
- 8Add chopped octopus to pot with onion mixture.
- 9Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with white wine.
- 10Let wine reduce.
- 11Add fried potatoes to mixture.
- 12Stir well and simmer.
- 13If more spice is desired, add chile pepper along with potatoes.