- 1 pint milk (lactose free)
- 75 grams cornmeal
- 75 grams sugar
- lemon peel
- 1 egg yolks
- mild olive oil
- ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, heat milk, lemon peel and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
- Once milk is infused, remove 1/2 cup of milk and refrigerate until cool.
- Whisk cornstarch into cool milk until dissolved.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan with remaining milk.
- Add sugar and cook over low heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add egg yolks to milk mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour into container so that mix is about 1 cm (approximately 1/3 inch) thick.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely cool and set, about 8-12 hours.
- Tip: Prepare the night before or in the morning for the afternoon meal.
- When ready to fry, cut milk mixture into portions.
- Dust portions with flour, dip in egg and deep fry in plenty of hot oil.
- Place cooked portions on paper towel to drain.
- Immediately coat with cinnamon sugar and serve hot.
Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Fry BreadPeanut Butter Budget Builder Girl
Old Fashion Buttermilk BiscuitsJust a Pinch
Yuca Fries With Spiced MayonnaiseHellmann's
Easy Fried RiceThe Recipe Critic
Funnel Cake FriesKevin and Amanda
Skillet Sausage and PotatoesJust a Pinch
The Best Pan-Fried Breakfast PotatoesThe Foodie Patootie
Fried PancakesThe Stay At Home Chef
Pan-Fried Prawns with Milk and Egg WhitesChristine's Recipes
Roasted Garlic Caesar Dipping SauceHellmann's
Ghana-inspired Spicy Fried Plantain (Kelewele)Foods from Africa
How To Make Fried OreosHomemade Recipes - Shop
Deep Fried CatfishJust a Pinch
How to cook Perfect French Fries (chips)Recipe30