Looking for a healthy and light options for dinner? This Asian flair dish is a crowed pleaser and takes hardly any time to prepare. Crispy earthy leeks and lardons are coated in a sweet and savory onion confit dressing, enhanced with smooth bold haz…
lnut. Bread is cubed and used to soak up additional moisture and provide additional texture. Grate salty parmesan cheese on top as seasoning and it’s ready to serve.
- 6 leeks (thin)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 slice white bread
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons vinaigrette
- If you do not have thin leeks, slice the normal size leeks lengthwise into thinner pieces.
- Cook the leeks in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain gently.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on high heat and fry the bacon.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and wipe the pan clean.
- Cut the slice of bread into small squares and brown them in the skillet. Set aside.
- Gently place the pieces of leek in the skillet and cook on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a plate, place the leeks, bacon, and toasted bread squares.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan, onion confit vinaigrette, and crushed hazelnuts.