It's time to shake things up! If you have never tried this Fried Jasmine Rice with Vegetables recipe before you are in for a real surprise. This Fried Jasmine Rice with Vegetables is packed with bold flavor to leave you and your guests wanting more. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We love to read about your experiences cooking our recipes. You can also give this recipe a star rating!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 100 grams whole almonds (skinned)
- 1 cup peas (and carrots, cooked)
- 1 cup lentils (cooked)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- seasoning (Asian, to taste)
- chives (as garnish)
- Mix the water with coconut milk and let it boil.
- Once boiling, add the jasmine rice and cook until the rice is tender, following package instructions. Set it aside.
- Heat a wok with olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, and ginger, stirring gently for 1 to 2 minutes until hot.
- Add the eggs, stirring constantly. As the eggs cook, add the almonds and let them saute a bit more.
- Stir in the peas, lentils and carrots and let the mix simmer.
- Season with the salt, curry, and Asian seasoning to taste.
- Add the rice and stir it well.
- Cook the mix on high heat for about 2 minutes until the rice is fried and then remove it.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped chives.
PER SERVING *
|Calories680Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.