- 1/4 pound butter (4 tbsp diced and frozen)
- 4 shallots (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 3/4 pounds sauerkraut
- 2 cloves
- 5 juniper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups champagne (divided)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into thin strips)
- 1 2/3 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup vermouth
- 2/3 pound fillet (perch, or trout, cut into 4 pieces)
- 4 king prawns (peeled and de-veined)
- 2/3 pound salmon fillet (skinned and cut into 4 pieces)
- 2/3 pound monkfish fillet (or cod or haddock, cut into 4 pieces)
- 1/2 ounce fresh tarragon (chopped)
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan and sauté half the shallots until softened. Add the sauerkraut, cloves, juniper berries and bay leaf and sauté for 2 mins. Add 1 2/3 cup champagne and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 mins, until the mixture begins to thicken. Season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan and sauté the carrot for 2 mins. Season with salt and black pepper and remove from the pan. Add the remaining shallots and sauté until softened. Pour in the fish stock, vermouth and remaining champagne, bring to the boil and cook over a high heat for 20-30 mins, until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Season the fish with salt and black pepper. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a frying pan and saute the perch fillets for 2 mins. Add the prawns and saute for 2 mins. Add the salmon and monkfish and saute for 3-4 mins, turning until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Remove the fish sauce from the heat and purée in a blender. Return to the pan and bring to the boil. Gradually whisk in the frozen butter pieces. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the carrot and heat through.
- Arrange the fish, prawns and sauerkraut on plates. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the tarragon.
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.