High in protein, healthy greens, and, most importantly, flavor, these versatile toasts will take whatever seasonal greens you have on hand to make a satisfying breakfast, power lunch, or light dinner.
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Prepare the greens: Rinse greens and wrap loosely in a kitchen towel to dry. Use a knife to remove the center rib and stems, then stack the leaves and slice into 1-inch strips. Cut chard stems and ribs on the diagonal into 1-inch slices
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add chard stems and ribs, salt, and pepper, and saute for 3-4 minutes to soften. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. Add the sliced greens and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Toast the bread according to your favorite method.
- Fry the eggs: Wipe out the pan and add another Tbsp. of olive oil. Return to medium heat and crack eggs into the pan. Season lightly with salt and black pepper. Cook just until the whites are set, about 3 minutes.
- Top each toast with a generous mound of sauteed greens. Place an egg on top of each toast and finish with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and flaky sea salt.