Fried Dream Cakes - Thermomix recipeAs receitas lá de casa
These cakes are aptly named not only because they are dreamy to eat but also to prepare. When else do you have the chance to make something that is guaranteed to draw everyone into the kitchen to see what's behind the incredible aroma (thanks to the yeast dough) and also to please every palate, young and old and in between. The dough is quickly mixed in the Thermomix, then it's fried in tablespoon amounts until crisp and golden.
- 250 grams water
- 50 grams margarine
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 170 grams flour
- 4 large eggs
- oil (for frying)
- sugar (for sprinkling)
- cinnamon (for sprinkling)
- 1Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- 2In the Thermomix mixing bowl, add the water, margarine, lard, salt and sugar. Set at 7 minutes/212°F/speed 1.
- 3Add the yeast and flour all at once and mix for 15 seconds/speed 4.
- 4In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- 5Turn the Thermomix on level 4 and gradually add the eggs through the hole.
- 6When well mixed, stop the machine and let the dough rest in the machine for a few minutes.
- 7Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 8Sprinkle another baking sheet with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- 9In a skillet, heat the oil and add tablespoons of dough to the oil. Do not fry more than 5 at a time.
- 10While frying, prick each cake with a chopstick to ensure cakes cook evenly.
- 11Once cooked, drain cakes on paper towels.
- 12Roll the cakes in the sugar and cinnamon.
- 13Repeat until all the dough is fried.