Cod plus potatoes equals a slam dunk winner of a meal, and toss in an Actifry and you can cook them quickly and easily, leaving you time to tend to the rest of the dish, which in this case includes boiling eggs to use as a garnish, along with black olives (or other varieties). Look for packages of cod in the freezer section of your supermarket or at the local fishmonger, preferably the kind that has had the salt removed already.
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 500 grams desalted cod (frozen)
- potatoes (for 4 people)
- salt (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- black olives (to taste)
- Place the chopped onion and garlic cloves In the Actifry.
- Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, set the Actifry for 2 minutes and cook.
- Thaw, drain, and cut the codfish into small pieces, and add to the Actifry.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- When the codfish is ready, remove and set aside.
- Put the potatoes in the actifry (without washing the container) season with salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Boil the eggs in a pot with salted water.
- Place the codfish container on top of the pot to keep it warm.
- When the potatoes are done, add the cod and cook for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Place on a serving plate and garnish with the chopped boiled eggs and olives.