- chicken (Fried)
- syrup (Molasses-Cider)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons sage (McCormick®, Rubbed, divided)
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves (each piece cut into thirds)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (McCormick®, Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (McCormick®, Ground)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup pancake and waffle mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Sage, Rubbed
- For the Fried Chicken, mix buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of the sage in large bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight for best flavor. Mix flour, remaining 2 teaspoons sage, salt, pepper and red pepper in large bowl until well blended.
- Pour oil into cast-iron or large deep skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 325°F on medium heat. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture. Coat in seasoned flour. Once all of the chicken has been coated, coat again in seasoned flour. Add chicken in batches to hot oil. Fry 10 to 12 minutes per side or until cooked through and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for the Molasses-Cider Syrup, bring cider, molasses and brown sugar to simmer in small saucepan on medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Keep warm.
- For the Waffles, prepare pancake and waffle mix as directed on package for waffles, adding sage to the batter. Serve fried chicken with waffles and warm Molasses-Cider Syrup.
PER SERVING *
|Calories970Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.