These sliced of fried and breaded pear are like dessert french fries. Sweet and airy brioche is mixed with walnuts and hazelnuts which is all made into breadcrumbs to coat the tender pears. After a quick fry to get a golden, crisp crust the pear fries are paired with a sweet and rich caramel sauce. This recipe is perfect for dessert, the kids will especially enjoy this sweet treat.
- 1.5 liters water
- 500 grams sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 pears (large firm, not too ripe)
- 2 brioche (slices)
- 4 tablespoons walnut (powder)
- 4 tablespoons hazelnut (powder)
- 100 grams sugar
- cream (15 cl.)
- 30 grams salted butter (cut into pieces, at room temperature)
- In a large saucepan, boil the water, sugar and the vanilla bean (split in half and scraped).
- Meanwhile, peel the pears.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and immerse pears in the syrup.
- Boil them for 20 minutes, turning them over occasionally. They should stay a bit firm after cooking. Take them out of the syrup and leave them to cool.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the cream.
- In another large pan, pour the sugar and a little water and start to make the caramel.
- When it reaches a beautiful light amber color, remove from heat and pour the warm cream over it at once.
- The caramel will boil very strongly before quickly coming back down in the saucepan.
- At that point, add the butter and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Toast the slices of brioche then crumble them.
- Mix this powder and the hazelnut and walnut powders and pour everything into a plate.
- Cut the pears into slices about 1 centimeter thick and then into sticks (you will be able to use the leftover bits to make applesauce).
- Bread the pear sticks on each side.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the sticks in it, over medium heat.
- Once browned, place them on paper towels to drain the oil.
- Serve it with a small bowl of caramel sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories940Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.