This roast is a perfect foil for the springtime flavors. Serve with steamed fresh asparagus and roasted new potatoes.
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries (fresh, hulled and sliced)
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 60 minutes (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Stir in pineapple and orange juices and cook, stirring, over medium heat, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in salt, cloves and lemon juice. Serve roast with sauce, and garnish with strawberries.