- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (cold, cut into small cubes)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup strawberry puree (from about 1 1/2 cups strawberries)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons strawberry puree (from about 1/2 cup strawberries)
|Calories2030Calories from Fat890|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat890|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Melissa 3 days ago
Wonderfully delicious. Thank you for this recipe.
Mariah Hornsby 29 Oct 2018
My rating is only for the cake, as I decided to make strawberry whipped cream for the frosting, which was an amazing combination. Made this cake for my daughter’s first birthday, it was outstanding! The strawberry flavor is subtle (even with out of season strawberries) but delicious and refreshing! My cakes took a little longer to cook than the recipe called for.
Kathy B. 25 Jun 2018
It was ok, very sweet. Think it would be better with some ground dehydrated strawberries also added to the batter as well as the frosting .... would pump up the flavor. If I make it again, I will also use Wilton's standard frosting and add the berry puree instead of cold milk. The straight buttercream is not very Summer friendly.
Cindy A. 28 Apr 2018
Looks good won’t taste it till tomorrow
Kirstin B. 1 May 2016
This worked perfectly following the recipe and was a lovely light cake with a great flavour. I ended up using a chocolate buttercream icing because I had leftovers in the fridge and that worked very well!