- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups milk (anything but skim)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar (divided)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (left at room temperature until partially softened, about 20 - 30 minutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries (hulled and sliced into pieces slightly under 1/2-inch)
- strawberries (Sliced, for decorating, optional)
Kyla C. 22 days ago
Got many complements on it, however I think the cake turned out a bit dense and a tad dry. I also added a dash of almond extract in mine.
Dara S. 15 Dec 2018
Lots of work but delicious.
Ean Warren 13 May 2018
His cake is so tasty, the cake comes out perfect. This is an awesome recipe!!
Colleen Kagetsu Peddle 5 May 2018
Fantastic. This cake is amazing.
Arthurette Harper 7 Mar 2018
It turned out very well.
Ashtin S. 25 Jan 2018
Wasn’t as sweet as I expected, might add some more powdered sugar to the frosting next time
Peonie Yard 11 Nov 2017
Turned out pretty good I ended up using double the powered sugar
Lisa C. 29 Aug 2017
The cake was very light and moist. It was delicious. Frosting was easy to make and not too sweet. This recipe is a keeper.