- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound small red potatoes (quartered)
- 1 cup fresh green beans (trimmed)
- 2 tuna steaks (about 6 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Hard boil the eggs. My no-fail method is to place them in a saucepan and cover with about an inch of water. Bring to a boil then immediately cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 10-15 minutes then drain and let the eggs cool in an ice bath for 10 minutes. Refrigerate until needed.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Add salt to season the water (about 2-3 tbsp.) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and let the potatoes simmer for about 10-12 minutes. Add in the green beans and cook for 4 minutes, then transfer the beans to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Now is a good time to peel and halve the eggs. Heat a large cast-iron skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Add in a splash of vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray. Season the tuna steaks well with salt and pepper on both sides, then add them to the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine a pinch of salt and pepper, 2 tbsp. olive oil, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk together until smooth and toss about 3/4 of the mixture with the tomatoes. Set the rest aside to use as additional dressing for the potatoes or beans if anyone wants it. Divide the eggs, potatoes, tuna and beans among plates and top the tuna with the tomato mixture.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.