These little sushi bites make a delicious and light appetizer or snack. The goat cheese adds a nice bold flavor that is perfectly paired with the crisp and fresh cucumbers. They are easy to make, meaning you can easily make enough to feed a crowd. A…
drizzle of hazelnut oil, a spinkle of salt, and a few chopped chives are all that is needed to accent these delicate little bites.
- fresh goat cheese
- coarse salt
- hazelnut oil
- Wash the cucumber.
- With a vegetables peeler, cut strips along the length until you reach the seeds, then turn the cucumber and do it again.
- In a bowl, combine the goat cheese, 2 tablespoons of sour cream, snipped chives, a pinch of salt and a little bit of pepper.
- Lay a strip of cucumber on a flat work surface and place a small heap of goat cheese at one end (the goat cheese should not exceed the strip).
- Roll the cucumber strip around the goat cheese in one direction.
- Then form an angle with the strip to completely enclose the goat cheese into the cucumber by rolling in the other direction.
- Drizzle the cucumber with hazelnut oil and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.