Once you start making your own jams from scratch, you'll likely never go back to relying on the store-bought variety, at least for the kinds of fruit you can easily find, including all manner of berries in the summer and cranberries in the fall and winter, when the packages start popping up in the supermarket. This jam is seasoned with fresh ginger, cinnamon, clementine zest and juice, and vanilla bean paste, with port adding more flavor.
- 300 grams fresh cranberries
- 50 milliliters port wine
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 1 piece fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 clementines (zest and juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add all the ingredients. Stir until the fruit macerates, sugar melts and all is well combined.
- When the mixture begins to boil, lower the heat and stir constantly for 20 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- If preferred puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour the jam into a sterilized jar. Cool and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.