If you are hungry for a hearty and sweet treat, then try these Fresh Cranberries and Hazelnut Blondies, Made in Honor of President Obama's Visit to Copenhagen. They are decadent and buttery sweet sensations that are packed with cranberries, raspberries or blueberries. This is a wonderful recipe for a holiday party or backyard barbecue. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family with a tasty treat.
- 120 grams butter (soft)
- 155 grams cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 grams hazelnut flakes (or almond flakes)
- 200 grams cranberries (raspberries, or blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 340F.
- In a bowl by hand, or in the food processor, mix the butter and cane sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Add 20 grams of hazelnuts to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a square pan or a baking dish lined with parchment paper or a spring-form pan.
- Place the berries on top of the batter, sprinkle with the remaining nuts and 1 tablespoon of caster sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into small squares. Serve warm or cold.