Fresh Cantaloupe SoupAnanás e Hortelã
Melon soup makes a refreshing first course or dessert for a summer dinner, or even a healthy snack any time of day. It also makes good use of peak of season cantaloupe, when the fruit has that remarkable sweetness that's balanced by just a touch of welcome bitterness. In this flavorful version, the melon is blended with yogurt, lime juice and zest,and fresh ginger until creamy, then chilled and garnished with fresh basil before serving.
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 plain yogurt
- 1/2 lime (juice and zest)
- 3 centimeters fresh ginger
- 6 basil leaves
- salt (to taste)
- 1Peel the melon, remove the seeds and cut into pieces.
- 2Place in a blender with the yogurt, lime juice and zest, ginger, and salt. Grind to a creamy puree.
- 3Serve cool.
- 4Garnish with basil leaves.