Risotto makes a wonderful main dish or side dish option. This Frenchie’s Butternut Squash and Amaretti Biscuit Risotto takes 80 minutes to prepare, so it is a perfect option for a Sunday dinner or a special occasion. This hearty dish combines so many wonderful flavors and texturess, it is a party for your palate. Everyone will love the creamy, sweet and savory ingredients to make this risotto dish. Happy cooking!
- 1 butternut squash (small)
- olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Espelette Dukkah pepper
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 60 grams butter
- 2 shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 grams carnaroli rice
- 100 milliliters dry white wine
- 1 bunch sage
- 70 grams parmesan cheese
- 100 grams brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 8 amaretti biscuits
- oil (Sage)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the squash, cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds. Slice in 8 pieces, place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt, and espelette chili pepper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until squash is tender.
- Mix in the blender with lemon juice, add a little water if necessary to get a smooth and creamy puree.
- Make the chicken stock by diluting 1 chicken stock cube in a liter of water.
- In a saucepan, heat 20 grams of butter. Add the chopped shallots and bay leaf.
- Cook until the water has evaporated (on low heat to prevent discoloration).
- Add the rice, stir until coated with butter. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine, and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Gradually add the chicken stock ladle by ladle. Cook for 18 minutes.
- Fry the sage leaves in a little olive oil until transparent. Set aside on a paper towel. Keep the sage oil for garnish.
- Grate half the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of squash puree in the risotto mix. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove outer leaves of Brussel sprouts, keeping only the best leaves. Saute the leaves in olive oil with a pinch of salt. Lay them on an absorbent paper towel.
- In this pan, fry the pumpkin seeds for 3 minutes.
- Add 40 grams butter, grated Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice to risotto, mix quickly, adjust seasoning and consistency if necessary with a little chicken stock.
- Divide into bowls, sprinkle with brussel sprout leaves, fried sage, pumpkin seeds, amaretti cookie crumbs, and Parmesan cheese
- Add a few drops of sage oil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1130Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.